Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Girl Trouble

September 20, 1978

Dear Neal,

I hope you enjoyed my last letters and appreciate all the time and creative effort that went into them (I spent a total of 15 minutes on the teaser trailer and 20 on the second). This time I plan to paint a true picture of what life is like here. (The picture is included on another sheet of paper although it is not really painted but sketched in pencil. You can color it if you want.)

....Some of the new folks I have met: Jerome S--, a freshman who first told me he was going to become a priest and I later had reason to doubt this when I made friends with his roommate Charles M--, a sophomore, who said that Jerome was mooning over a poster of Kristy McNichol he had just put up. Charles said that Jerome kept saying, "Kristy, I love you."



....Charles and I get along very well because we both have girl trouble. Tonight, he asked me how to get on the good side of a girl. (What a great line to let slip by! Think of all the possible answers.) I told him we was asking the wrong person. I think he has a crush on a girl in Spanish, and he is always asking her to study with him or to go to the movie, but she always says she has football practice and then comes waltzing in on the arm of a jock. He always seems a little forlorn at these moments.

I don't blame him; I've been in the same boat. Together we must generate a lot of anti-sex appeal. A very nice (busty) attractive girl left her books at our table and went to get her lunch. We invited her to sit with us, but she went and sat at a table alone. We thought she didn't mean anything by it till she started pointing at us and laughing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment